Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blog hiatus

I have been on a bit of a blog hiatus, but I guess you could say I've been enjoying the ordinary days, as this mom put it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olSyCLJU3O0) - an interesting and very wonderful video that my mom shared with me a little while back. My maternity leave is coming to an end this week so I've wanted to savour this last month with my kiddos. I've felt so blessed to have Monday's and Wednesday's with my little Chloe and then the rest of the week with both of my kids. While there have been the crazy moments where both kids are crying and mom is on the verge of melting down herself :), I wouldn't trade them in for anything. I've had some great storytelling sessions with my little guy at the library, fun excursions to the park for playtime, playdates at many local jaunts and lots of cuddle and puzzle time. Now with two kids, I am realizing just how quickly time flies. It feels like yesterday that Mason was at the same stage as Chloe and now he's busy running around, telling mommy what to do :), having hysterical conversations and flexing his independence and desire to be a big kid. I sometimes worry that time will pass as quickly with Chloe, and then I stop to try and take it all in, and enjoy both of my children experiencing their own milestones.

I know returning to work will be a bit bittersweet as this extra time I've had with my kids comes to an end, but at the same time, I will enjoy those ordinary moments even more.

Here's to the ordinary moments...
Storytime
Loving those hands
Wow - those are my feet
Checking out Dizzy's Tumblebus
The boys hard at work - Mason, Adam and George
Breaking in the new double stroller
Loving the bath
Pucker Up

So precious
Cuddle time - my three favorite people

No comments:

Post a Comment