It's the eve of my return to work and I can't believe how quickly the 18 weeks went. I guess that's what happens when you have two kids. We had a yummy dinner of corn chowder (thanks Piper for the recipe), salad and fruit salad. I had a relaxing last day, aside from a slight dental mishap - why couldn't it have happened one week earlier. Oh well. Now, both kids are sleeping (after a few trips upstairs to calm a crying baby and sing our little guy to sleep with Itsy Bitsy spider. Mason and Chloe - I wanted to share quick thoughts with you of our last 4.5 months together.
----------------------------------
Mason and Chloe - My two precious kiddos, I've so treasured the last several months with you. Each day brought new adventures, surprises and wonderful moments. At times, I questioned if I was juggling everything ok, but we had no serious mishaps, so that's a good thing. In the first month-and-a-half, with daddy home, we got to enjoy low-key holidays, take in things like Cougar Mountain Zoo and the reindeer, the Santa Train, and just have relaxing moments watching movies, reading books and hanging out.
Once the first month was under our belt, mom felt a little more confident about getting out the door with both of you. We started a fun habit of taking in storytime at the Issaquah Library on Tuesday mornings. I treasured those outings with you Mason, watching you absorb all of the books, learning nursery rhymes like "Ba Ba Black Sheep," which you like to recite all of the time now, and dancing to storytime songs. And, it was neat to watch Chloe observe her big brother, wondering when will I get to try these fun things.
Mason - I have to say this time has possibly been more special than when you were a newborn, as we were able to go enjoy adventures together vs. you taking it all in from a carseat. I appreciated your patience when mommy's nerves were a little worn and tired. I enjoyed seeing everything through your adventurous and carefree eyes. You are such a wonderful big brother, getting so excited to greet Chloe when she woke up in the morning or from a nap or rushing in to say hi on the days you returned home from daycare. Without a doubt, you are the one person who consistently gets smiles and giggles out of Chloe. I just love that. While I was always nervous about raising a boy, not having had any experience with siblings or even cousins, I've come to realize that you are also helping me become more laid back, teaching me not to sweat the small stuff and that smile and giggle of your's melt my heart everytime - even when you've got that mischievous sparkle in your eye.
Chloe - My sweet little girl. Little did I know how much more love my heart could hold. My heart is so full with your addition to our family. I was curious if it would become evident the differences between raising a girl and a boy. You are definitely mellow and more quiet than your brother - although, in the last month you've started cooing and grunting like crazy and laughing. I think you are super ticklish, which always triggers laughs. You don't often cry, unless you're hungry. Without fail, that always brings on the tears. I think almost every morning of the last 4 months, you have greeted me with a smile. I love that and it makes my heart melt. I feel so blessed to have had those two days with you each week where we could just sit on the couch, I could hold you and look into those big, blue eyes. I forgot the innocence of a newborn and have enjoyed experiencing that phase at the same time as the toddler phase. It has been so fun having a girl, dressing you up in the cute pink outfits that people gave us and even having girly playdates with friends such as Charlotte Kusak, Charlotte and Hannah Asher, and Ava Hurley to name a few. It is bittersweet to see you head off to daycare tomorrow, but I know you will be in good hands and big brother will watch over you.
I hope you both know how much mommy loves you and there isn't an hour that won't pass by where mommy won't be thinking of you both. I'll be anxious to get home to my two little ones each day and see your bright smiles.
Lots of hugs and kisses from mommy to you!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment