Monday, December 26, 2011

Fall Pre-School Highlights

Mason is having another wonderful year at Creative Kids Preschool. His teachers Mary and Shirley have been fantastic, teaching the kids so many new things and doing many fun projects. The highlight was a calendar we received from Mason as our Christmas present. One of those pieces of school work that we will truly treasure and keep forever.

Don't get me wrong, we are so excited by all of the work he brings home to share with us, but as he proudly walked over and asked us to open the gift last week, and then proudly showed us each month, it was a moment where I felt so proud and my eyes welled up a bit.

Our little guy is growing into a boy/little man. These milestones and moments occasionally hit me, but as he shared each month and some of their meaning and how he made it, I noticed how he continues to grow more independent, how every little thing around him, including us continue to have an impact on him and his growth, shaping his spongy mind.

It also hit me when I was conversing with his teacher over email right before the break and she shared that Mason had approached her with an idea to make a necklace and bracelet for his daycare provider, Frankie. It was a project he wanted to do with his daycare friends in the other class. Both sets of teachers wanted to encourage this enthusiasm and interest, and helped to make it happen. In the email, his teacher shared the kindness Mason has for others, and that this idea was all his own. My heart wanted to burst. While there are days I wonder if I am doing everything I possibly can to be a good parent, I get a note like this, which makes me think we must be doing alright.

Mason - we couldn't be more proud of you and so blessed to be your parents. Tonight as we all watched some old videos of you as a baby, I realize how quickly time is going. One of my resolutions in the New Year will be to stop more, savor the precious, simple and small moments, and continue to tell you how proud I am of the person you are becoming.

 Pumpkin patch field trip with Papa Craig
 Enjoying it all
 Sipping yummy cider
 Learning about apples
Going batty

Special pumpkin carving night with the dads
Finished masterpiece
 Halloween 2011 - Harry Potter



No comments:

Post a Comment